Internal Backup Feature
This backup feature save all important information which allow a restoration of the system with the complete configuration.
Execute the backup process:
- Activate the backup feature, then the backup is done in a regular basis (defined during the backup configuration). Be careful to export this backup.
- Move the generated backup to external devices.
In case of failure:
- Reinstall Nodeum from scratch in using the last Ansible packages
- Copy the generated backup into a folder in Nodeum server.
- Restore the backup in using the appropriated procedure.
- The server is now back online.
Scope of the solution
The Backup includes all of these components :
|All databases||This includes SQL and NoSQL information : file catalog, metadata, task execution history.|
|S3 - Swift API Keys||Authentication Key Credentials of S3 and Swift storage provider.|
|Data enrichment API Keys||Authentication Key Credentials of Machine Learning provider.|
|Tasks execution log reports||History of each files processed per task.|
|Licence Key||Nodeum Encrypted License Key|
There are two different types of backup available :
|Full Backup||Backup everything every time|
|Incremental Backup||Backup only the difference since the last backup|
A full backup is recommended to be executed once a week, others can be in incremental mode.
Different scheduling options are available :
|Timezone||The schedule can be defined based on a different timezone defined||Defined by default, it will be the current system timezone|
|Recurrence||Once||Defined by default, there is no recurrence selected|
|Every||Minute - Day - Month - Year|
|Expands||Expand the scope of the recurrence|
|Count Option||Number of backup|
Schedule a backup
- Go into settings / backup Menu
- Click on the + button
- Then complete the form, here is an example:
- Save the form
Let Us Know What You Thought about this Post.
Put your Comment Below.