You need to access the VTL through the HTTP Portal.
Once ready, here are the step by step :
List the storage available
2. Click on add and assign the disk to default storage pool
3. The disk is initializing
4. Once initialization step done, you can see the storage ready :
5. Go to Virtual Libraries and click on add :
6. Filled-in the settings , in this example I used a ADIC / QUANTUM i6000 with 4 drives IBM LTO7. And then submit
7. When submitted, the VTL information are displayed and you can see 4 drives, but VCartridges are still missing, then you can click on “Add VCartridge”
8. When submitted, the VTL information are displayed and you can see 4 drives, but VCartridges are still missing, then you can click on “Add VCartridge” . In this panel you need to define the number of VCartridge , the Storage Pool ‘default’ and the Prefix (first barcode) / 6 digits. And click on submit.
9. And then you will see the full detail of the tape library and the drives and the tapes.
10. And this stage, the Virtual Tape Library is ready to be use ; the VTL can be discovered from Nodeum VM through ISCSI.
Set the Nodeum VM
Connect the Nodeum VM Terminal in SSH in root
Install iscsi packages :
[root@nodeum ~]# yum install iscsi-initiator-utils
You can launch from terminal in “root’ the discovery of the defined Tape Library and Drives. <ip b> is the IP of the VTL which has been just configured. You need to see the autoloader and the 4 drives.
By default the VTL is reachable on port 3260 :
[root@nodeum ~]# iscsiadm -m discovery -t sendtargets -p <ip b>:3260
<ip b>:3260,1 iqn.2006-06.com.quadstor.vtl.LIB.autoloader
<ip b>:3260,1 iqn.2006-06.com.quadstor.vtl.LIB.drive1
<ip b>:3260,1 iqn.2006-06.com.quadstor.vtl.LIB.drive2
<ip b>:3260,1 iqn.2006-06.com.quadstor.vtl.LIB.drive3
<ip b>:3260,1 iqn.2006-06.com.quadstor.vtl.LIB.drive4
Once you see these information, you need to connect each “devices” :
[root@nodeum ~]# iscsiadm -m node -T iqn.2006-06.com.quadstor.vtl.LIB.autoloader -p <ip b>:3260 –l
[root@nodeum ~]# iscsiadm -m node -T iqn.2006-06.com.quadstor.vtl.LIB.drive1 -p <ip b>:3260 –l
[root@nodeum ~]# iscsiadm -m node -T iqn.2006-06.com.quadstor.vtl.LIB.drive2 -p <ip b>:3260 –l
[root@nodeum ~]# iscsiadm -m node -T iqn.2006-06.com.quadstor.vtl.LIB.drive3 -p <ip b>:3260 –l
[root@nodeum ~]# iscsiadm -m node -T iqn.2006-06.com.quadstor.vtl.LIB.drive4 -p <ip b>:3260 –l
Once you have done this, you will be able to see in NODEUM Web Interface the VTL :
1. You can login in admin and go into Settings -> Hardware -> Storages ; and go into the Tape Library Panel
2. Select the Toggle “Display non-configured libraries” and you will see the tape library :
3. You need to assign a name : example : LIB
4. And then click on the arrow at the right, to go into the drive configuration, and there you will see all drives, select them all and click on save
This operation will register the drives like this :
If you go back to the library , you will see fully configured
And finally you can go into the menu Storage Services -> Tape -> Overview to have a view of the tape library and tapes
At this stage, you are ready to go to the next step , connect your NAS storage, define task and assign a license to run them.
Let Us Know What You Thought about this Post.
Put your Comment Below.