How to import into Nodeum an LTFS Tape ?
Before using Nodeum, you probably using the LTFS protocol. You have LTFS Tape in your tape library and you need to import into Nodeum your data set.
How to proceed?
- Insert in your tape Library the tape to import
- Create a Maintenance task to scan an LTFS media
Type of action Mover
|Tapes||Scan an LTFS Media|
- Launch the task
Result after the task processed with success
- Information are known by Nodeum
- Information are display in all metrics (tape reporting, tape Overview, Catalog
- Information on tape can be easily reloaded
It's very useful to :
- catalog your data and to avoid to make a data migration tape to tape. Your team improve their productivity.
- Facilitate the migration of a LTFS Appliance. It's very transparent. The migration of the solution Scalar LTFS is validated by Nodeum.
- Facilitate the exchange of contents with your customers or partners.
Our media customers like this feature.
Let Us Know What You Thought about this Post.
Put your Comment Below.