Manage a Tape Library Hardware Maintenance :
- Replace a Tape Drive
- Change the Bridge allocation
- Upgrade Tape Library and Tape Drive firmware
Replace a Tape Drive
When a drive needs to be replaced, here is the detailed procedure to follow. It' imperative to make these actions before to change the tape drive in the Tape Library :
- Go to the Tape Library Configuration Panel. (Tape Library Configuration) and unselect the drive you need to replace and save it.
- Stop Nodeum Services
- Now you can replace physically the tape drive in the tape library,
- Reboot the Nodeum's system
- Go to the Tape Library Configuration Panel. (Tape Library Configuration) and select the new drive you have just placed in the tape Library
- Restart Nodeum Services
- Go to the Tape Library Configuration Panel. (Tape Library Configuration) and unselect the drive you need to replace
2. Stop Nodeum Services
3. Replace physically the tape drive by the new one
4. Reboot the Nodeum's system
5. Select the new drive in the Tape Library Configuration Panel
6. Restart Nodeum Services
Change Bridge Drive allocation
If the Bridge Drive is in error or failed, the Tape Library as well will be in error and will be not accessible by Nodeum.
In this case, you need to change the bridge drive allocation to a different drive.
Process to be followed
If you need to change the Bridge Drive allocation, here is the detailed procedure to follow:
Example with the Oracle SL150 Tape Library:
From the Drive Panel, locate which Tape drive is the Bridge Tape Drive.
In the Tape Library Configuration
Select Configure Library Settings and change the Library Bridged Drive:
Once done, you have to reboot Nodeum's system to update correctly the new SCSI address of the Tape Library.
Upgrade the firmware of tape Drive
Tape Library Firmware Upgrade
Start the upgrade of the Firmware in the Tape Library ; be careful that Nodeum cannot use the tape library or the selected tape drive during the firmware upgrade of each components.
Once done, go into Nodeum interface
Follow this procedure :
- You can check in the Configuration panel of Tape Drive and save the new parameters. You can also visualize the Firmware Revision number.
- Restart the Nodeum's Server to validate the SCSI device configuration.