In Nodeum Tape Library Configuration Overview, it can appear that the Tape Drives or the Tape Library display the following status :
- Maintenance Mode
- Not Ready.
To explain this status, we invite you to check into the Tape Library interface itself, and to verify if one of these return error codes can be seen :
- Tape Library Not Ready or Disable
- Unit Offline
- Tape Library in Maintenance Mode
- Mailslot or Magazine open
- Drive in Cleaning Mode
- Firmware update
When the Tape Library meets one of these status, Nodeum display in The Tape Library Overview the status "Not Ready"
- when the "magazine" of the Tape Library is open,
- when user places new tapes in the "magazine" of the Tape Library,
- if the "magazine" is not well closed
In all of these cases, Nodeum can't run any tasks.
To solve this, you have to execute the following steps : restart the Nodeum Services.
If you don't restart the Nodeum Services, it's impossible for Nodeum to do a clean and proper reconnection with the Tape Library or the Tape Drive.
Even if you restart directly the Tape Library, you must ALWAYS restart the Services of Nodeum.