Virtual File System

transparent layer to access any type of secondary storage


Automatic Data Retrieval

Access any file, click on it and get it even if it is stored on secondary storage.

End-user can reach data stored on secondary Storage like a NAS or a Bucket.


Caching system allows fast access for all data transactions. Disk Cache is used to buffer any data access (read – write).

File headers including attribute and extended attributes are defined in the Disk Cache.

Policies Automation

Push data automates data policy of lifecycle.
Automate policies to move data to any type of secondary storage NAS, Cloud or Tape.

Quota and disk allocation

These settings can be set in order to limit caching usage per container. The quota is a limit definition on the global capacity limitation which is set on the container.


Nodeum - Container
Secondary Storage Virtualization

Virtual File System

Provide a transparent layer on top of secondary storage systems such as NAS, Cloud, Tape ; access any file, click on it and get it even if it is store on secondary storage.


NAS Gateway

Access with SMB/NFS/S3 protocols
Advanced User Permission
S3 key management

Unlimited File Storage

Network Shared Folder, drag and drop
Fast Local Caching
Less used data move to slower secondary tiers
Integrity check

Catalog & Reports

Console to search data
Fast indexed catalog
Metadata customization


User & Group permission

Rights and privileged of data stored in the container follows these rules :

  • Once a Workflow copy data into a Container ; the right and privileges of the original data are kept. This requires to have Container user permission well configured to authorize these users to access their files.
  • If end user copy files through container in using SMB protocols, the rights will be the one defined in the Container access. Rights granted by the Container and associated permission schema.

The authentication and authorization can be managed locally, with Active Directory or with LDAP.

Set the access rights for one or more users and/or groups of users.

S3 user key management

Containers are seen as a bucket with an user access authentication.

Unique access key (username) and corresponding secret key (password) can be associated to each defined user. Clients must authenticate by specifying both valid access key (username) and corresponding secret key (password).

Each user will have assigned policies according the container defined permission.


Nodeum - Product Shoot - Data Manager-1



As we all know only roughly 20% on average of storage systems is active data. Nodeum's innovative solution allows moving the other 80% of the data into solutions based on NAS Storage, Object Storage or Tape Storage. This results in a much lower TCO, due to cost of infrastructure, but also cost of power consumption and cooling.


The internal scheduler can execute automatically, manual or scheduled task.


Two different types of filtering are available : basic and advanced. Advanced provides embedded scripting editor. 







Get Started With Nodeum

Start the download of the free edition,
or compare the features of the different editions.



Turn any Linux platform to a Nodeum appliance in deploying easily an Ansible package. Get the most of your hardware, avoid any locking and get the most of next releases.

Highly Scalable

Scalability in data volumes, number of files and overall performance allow to grow with your needs in keeping the same user experience.

Intuitive Interface

Provide a natural and unique experience for any user using the solution. This helps to keep focus on your business and productivity.

Key Features

Discover the full set of features available into Nodeum. Develop a business focus data management strategy to unlock the value and potential of your data.