The Institute of Pathology and Genetics (IPG) is specialized in the medical and genetic fields. The focus of their research is on three areas:
Its purpose remains the only production of human medical diagnostics to the achievement to which are attached more than 220 people. Currently, the number of diagnostics per year is close to 250.000.
IPG is facing an explosion of its data generated by its bio-it pipeline applications driven by Illumina Next-Gen sequencer... Indeed, this pipeline has produced a lot of new data streams that has to be managed, stored and archived on the long term to be retrieved at any time. However, the current storage, a NetApp NAS appliance has its capacity satured. IPG has to find a scalable solution to manage this issue, they consider to archive their data. With the right information, the right internal processes and the right platform companies successfully operating margins and significantly reduce costs all the while improving business, operation workflow and team efficiency.
IPG choose NODEUM Entreprise, which brings the following benefits :
1. Advanced search system to easier and faster access to files. A single Catalog, customized with meta data to retrieve files easily troughout the web interface.
2. Unified portability of data for easy sharing.
3. Scalability of the storage system.
4. Data protection for a long term active archive conservation.
5. Zero risks of lock in. RESTful API and LTFS open the system.
6. Simple and fast integration.
7. Intuitive, easy to use and to manage.
8. Creating, configuring and updating data workflows.
9. Visualization of real-time use. This solution brings an abstraction of the data stored on disks and tapes. This offer the best scalability for the next storage for a known cost.
Now in using Nodeum, IPG staffs have the platform to archive the generated genomics data :
1. The Institute has an archiving platform with a capacity of 120TB with a scalability up to 750TB.
2. The available workflows insure the data are stored in a reading format during the next 10 years.
3. The researchers can easily retrieve their data and they don’t have to delete their data any more.